This Privacy Statement relates solely to the online information collection and use practices of our Web site located at www.gijc.jp (this “Web Site”), and not to any subdomains of this Web Site. We recognize that many visitors and users of this Web Site are concerned about the information they provide to us, and how we treat that information. This Privacy Statement, which may be updated from time to time, has been developed to address those concerns. Your use of this Web Site indicates to us that you have read and accept our privacy practices, as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
- What Information About You Do We Collect?
- When you visit our Web Site, you may provide us with two types of information: (1) personally identifiable information that you knowingly choose to disclose, which is collected on an individual basis, and (2) general user information that does not contain personally identifiable information, which is collected on an aggregate basis as you browse the Web Site. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with requested information, you may not be able to access all of our Web Site’s content or services.
Personally Identifiable Information You Choose to Provide.We may ask for certain personal information from you for the purpose of providing to you content and/or services that you request. For example, if you indicate an interest in receiving press releases about GIJ Corp., you are asked to submit your name and e-mail address, which we retain on file, so that we may send you the information that you requested. We also request your name and e-mail address each time you contact us by clicking on the “Contact Us” link. We may retain a record of users who have contacted us in order to respond properly to questions or concerns and for purposes of future communications.
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- We use your personally identifiable information to provide you with the information or content that you have requested, and, in some cases, to contact you about our programs, products, features or services. If you no longer wish to receive press releases or any other type of information from us, you may send us an email through our “Contact Us” link or use our E-mail Alert form to change your preferences; or follow the “unsubscribe” link provided in the e-mail that you receive. We use non-identifying information collected on our Web Site in the aggregate to better understand your use of the Web Site and to enhance your enjoyment and experience. For example, we may use the information to improve the design and content of our Web Site or to analyze the programs and services that we offer. We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Our employees, agents and contractors who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement. We may provide access to your personally identifiable information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Web Site, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights, or to protect the rights and safety of visitors to this Web Site or the public. In those instances, the information is provided only for that limited purpose. We will not share your personally identifiable information in ways unrelated to those described above without providing you with an opportunity to opt out of such use or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
- How Do You Access And/Or Modify Your Information or Choices?
- If you visit our Web Site and volunteer personally identifiable information, you may modify, update or delete such information by visiting the E-mail Alert area where you will have the opportunity to access and revise certain of your personally identifiable information, and to update your preferences regarding what information you want to receive from us, or by clicking on the “Contact Us” link and sending us an e-mail. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases. In addition, please be aware that your ability to opt out from receiving marketing and promotional materials does not change our right to contact you regarding your use of our Web Site.
- Privacy Protections for Children Using the Internet
- Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information on our Web Site from those we actually know are under the age of 13, nor is any part of our Web Site targeted to attract anyone under 13. We request that all visitors to our Web Site who are under 13 not disclose or provide any personally identifiable information. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our records.
- Data Security
- We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorized access. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk.
- Consent to Transfer
- This Web Site is operated in Japan. If you are located outside of Japan, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Japan and/or third countries. By using our Web Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
- Revision Date
- This Privacy Statement was last revised in April 2017.